Promising a vast array of exhibitions, programs and presentations, NUFAM this year is expected to have a heavy focus on technology and the future of mobility concepts.
Running from 21-24 September in Karlsruhe, it is Germany’s most comprehensive trade fair of its kind. Exhibitors will include leading commercial vehicle manufacturers and dealers, representing all classes, bodies, trailers and semi-trailers, as well as accessories.
Along with vehicles, there will be a focus on a variety of other sectors. Among them will be:
- Digital services and telematics – Leading companies will present their latest solutions for efficient applications and business processes including navigation, camera systems, data archiving, tachographs, GPS and cold-chain monitoring.
- Interior technology – Technical systems inside the vehicle can play an important role in safe transportation. Solutions include truck lighting, load securing systems and interior fixtures and fittings.
- Alternative vehicles and fuel – Along with mainstream vehicles, there will be the opportunity to view and discuss electric mobility, natural gas, hybrid drives and LPG technology, as well as self-driving vehicles.
- Maintenance – All the tools and equipment needed to keep commercial vehicles in tip top shape with be on show. This will include exhaust purification, hydraulic ramps and platforms, paint shops, washing systems, body repair and truck tools.
- Tyres and wheels – Covering all types of motor vehicles, a variety of manufacturers and suppliers will be on hand with wheels and tyres, as well as carcasses, tubes and truck rims.
- Services – Along with products, a range of relevant transport and logistic services and their affiliated experts will be available. They will include truck financing, leasing, rental, fleet services, fuel and service cards and driving schools.
As an event preview and a taste of what topics will be highlighted at the four-day event, a media day was held in June.
Along with sharing information about the event, a panel of industry experts discussed alternative transport options for the future. The debate touched on the topic of the high cost of alternative vehicles and their fuel sources, the need for research and the urgency in developing new, practical solutions.
The fair is being held daily from 10am to 6pm at the Karlsruhe Trade Fair Centre from 21-24 September.
See our preview coverage here:
- Tested and proven: JOST
- Robust and green: NUFAM
- SAF-Holland at NUFAM with Haldex
- See Kässbohrer on show at NUFAM
- Smart solutions: Schwarzmüller Group
- Guiding light: Aspöck Systems