Spain-based technology company, Eurocolven, has developed VIGIA, a range of devices that go beyond the basic functions of the Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS).
The VIGIA range of gauges monitors and reports tyre pressure on trucks, trailers, semi-trailers, and buses.
In the event of any drop in pressure or a puncture, the device notifies the driver with an alarm and automatically activates the inflation process, thus protecting the tires and avoiding wasting time on the road.
The VIGIA Tire Calibrator offers numerous advantages.
- Durability – an increase in tyre lifespan by up to 20 per cent.
- Safety – increases tyre lifespan by up to 20 per cent.
- Punctuality – in the event of a puncture, the system maintains the tyre pressure until it reaches the nearest place to repair it.
- Lower consumption – the correct tyre pressure can reduce fuel consumption by up to 3.0 per cent.
- Protects the tyre shell – optimises re-treading.
- Efficiency – once the cold pressure has been determined according to the recommended parameters, the electronic system detects any decrease and automatically recovers and maintains the original pressure.
- Quality air – the air VIGIA sends to tyres comes from an auxiliary tank. An air filter absorbs the impurities.
VIGIA also has a double safety system. In the event of extreme pressure loss, a special device cancels the inflation process, guaranteeing the normal operation of the brakes and suspension.
The VIGIA device is reported to be the most intuitive, intelligent and quick to install in the market. It includes a small control panel in the cabin with an innovative design that shows all the information on an LCD display and also offers a variety of formats and supports to integrate it into existing spaces with Din format to avoid drilling.
VIGIA has distributors in several European countries that sell and install the devices.
To guide the sector on the advantages of the device, VIGIA has arranged a technical team to provide support, where queries from carriers, trailer manufacturers, and terminals can be contacted here: firstname.lastname@example.org.