The International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR) is calling for abstracts for the 26th International Congress of Refrigeration (ICR).
The event, organised by the French Association of Refrigeration, will be held 21-25 August in Paris, France, and aims to reunite key international stakeholders and provide perspectives on the future of the industry in line with UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The theme of the event ‘Towards efficient, controlled and smart refrigeration’ will explore how the industry can continue to build refrigeration with a positive impact.
ICR, first held in 1908, is reported to be the world’s largest gathering of scientists, experts, technicians and professionals in the field of refrigeration and air conditioning and provides a forum to present and disseminate the results of research, development and innovation. It is also held every four years.
Delegates are invited to submit abstracts (up to 250 words) by 29 June 2022, via the congress website.
Abstracts are welcome under 10 key themes encompassing all fields of refrigeration:
- A1 – Cryophysics & cryoengineering
- A2 – Liquefaction & separation of gases
- B1 – Thermodynamics & transfer processes
- B2 – Refrigerating equipment
- C1 – Cryobiology, cryomedicine & health products
- C2 – Food science & engineering
- D1 – Refrigerated storage
- D2 – Refrigerated transport
- E1 – Air conditioning
- E2 – Heat pumps & energy recovery